Although Xiaomi Mi A1 no longer receives official Android updates, those who own this smartphone can still take advantage of the latest Big G software release, aliaas Android 10. This is made possible thanks to the community of developers that gravitates around the first Android One model of the Asian brand. So here in this guide we will explain how to benefit from all the features of Android 10 on your Xiaomi Mi A1.
As already anticipated, we should use a Custom ROM and in the specific case the best for Mi A1 is the PixelExperience which already includes the Google Apps necessary for the best operation of the terminal. Before proceeding we recommend a backup of all your data on your smartphone, as with the change of ROM everything will be deleted and will not be recoverable. Also make sure you have a charged battery and then download the following files:
- Download | PixelExperience 10 for Xiaomi Mi A1
- Download | ADB and Fastboot drivers for Windows
- Download | ADB and Fastboot drivers for MAC
- Download | TWRP for Xiaomi Mi A1
Android 10 on Xiaomi Mi A1: here's how to get it on your device
After downloading all the files, you need to unlock the bootloader . To do this, follow the steps you will see below:
- Install the adb and fastboot drivers on your computer.
- To unlock the bootloader of one Xiaomi Mi A1, you need to enable USB debugging from the developer options. If you don't know how to do it, open the Settings of your mobile phone, go to Device and touch the build number from 6 to 8 times until the confirmation message appears indicating that you are now a developer .
- Then go to Settings, Developer Options and USB Debugging. This will allow USB debugging on the Xiaomi Mi A1
- Open the adb folder on your computer and hold Shift + right button and select the item Open the PowerShell window here
- When the phone starts up in fastboot mode , run this command: fastboot oem unlock.
- If you get a message on your smartphone, tap Yes to confirm the unlock .
- At the end of the process, run this command: fastboot reboot.
After unlocking the bootloader, you will need to install TWRP recovery. To do this, you need to rename the previously downloaded file in TWRP and place it in the adb folder. Then do the following:
- From the adb folder hold Shift, then right click inside the folder and select Open PowerShell Window here.
- Connect your Xiaomi Mi A1 to the PC and type: adb reboot bootloader
- In bootloader mode, type the following command: fastboot flash recovery twrp.img.
- When TWRP is displayed correctly on the device, type this command to restart and terminate the procedure: fastboot reboot.
After installing TWRP, you can install the previously downloaded PixelExperience 10 ROM. To perform this task, you need to save the ROM files (downloaded initially) to mobile memory and follow these steps:
- Start your Xiaomi Mi A1 in mode TWRP ; for this, with the mobile phone turned off, press the combination of Volume + keys and the power button for 5 seconds.
- When you start the phone in recovery, select wipe and select system, data, dalvik / ART cache, cache (make sure you don't format the memory in which you saved the PixelExperience 10 ROM file).
Now go back to the initial menu and proceed to flash the ROM.
- Select Install, find the .zip PixelExperience 10 file previously loaded on the smartphone and click to install it. Now wait for the installation process to complete and enjoy all that Android 10 has for you.
Are you ready to give new life to your old and glorious Xiaomi Mi A1? Of course we await your feedback !!!
GBMI9LITE101 (Blue) GBMI9LITE102 (Black) GBM9LITE1 (White)
GBM9LITE5 (Blue) GBM9LITE4 (White)