[Guide] How to install the firmware in Italian on Xiaomi Huami Amazfit Bip

Xiaomi had presented the very cheap smartwatch with a very appealing design a few weeks ago and immediately many of you had asked us if you would ever receive a software in English at least or even in Italian. The most passionate will have asked and obtained the answer from our Facebook page “surely, but we do not know whether in official or if there are translators who will make a special version in Italian"

Well, the news is about these last few minutes! The great friend Francko76 has just managed to create a firmware for theAmazfit Bip completely in italiano. In this way, although the interface in Chinese was already very intuitive due to the small icons, now the cheapest Amazfit in the series really becomes the best buy of the year!

We talked to him here at launch and we had tried it for you in our video review, but now we can finally give you the official guide to get it the Italian language on the Amazfit Bip! Of course we thank developers again dpeddi for firmware extraction, Francko76 for translation and graphics e Andreas for the realization of the tool ... and for the priceless work done!

Here is the first link to the page which encapsulates all the work done!

We will soon see that we will soon post it official guide to install this Italian firmware version on Amazfit Bip, then save the page to favorites because if you have already purchased it SmartWatch Xiaomi can't miss the chance to have it in Italian!

Thing? Have not you bought it yet ?! So now it's time to do it!

[GUIDE] Here is the official procedure for installing the firmware in Italian on Xiaomi Huami Amazfit Bip!

Before seeing how to install the Italian language on our Amazfit Bip, we once again thank the team that took care of the development of the tool, the firmware and the entire project, strictly in alphabetical order (of nickname!): dpeddi, Franck076 e Gadgetbridge Andreas Shimokawa.

Prerequisites
It is essential that the smartwatch is installed firmware stock 0.0.9.40. If you had an older version, update it.

Make sure you have enabled the installation from unknown origins by settings -> additional settings -> privacy -> unknown sources.

Neither XiaomiToday.it nor the developer team is responsible for any damages and problems arising from procedural errors. proceed ONLY if you are aware of what you are doing because there is NO procedure for restoring the smartwatch.

With the necessary clarifications, let's start with the uninstall Mi Fit from the phone. Once the official app is uninstalled, download the GadgetBridge apk on our phone and installiamolo.

Download GadgetBridge.apk

Then start the app as soon as it is installed and proceed to thecoupling between the Amazfit Bip and GadgetBridge, until we find ourselves in the following condition (the Pebble obviously won't have it).

amazfit-beep-Italian-firmware-installation-guide-language-Italian

Now we will have to proceed with the flash of two firmware files specially modified by dpeddi.

We loaded the two files of the updated firmware version. Just repeat the procedure below.

First let's download them:

Download Mili_chaohu_0.0.9.40_en.fw

Download Mili_chaohu_0.0.9.40_en.res

Download files and copy them to phone memory, we can proceed: open one of ours File Explorer e select one of the two files to import on the smartwatch. By clicking on the file, we will be able to select it Installation FW / App, as in the following picture.

amazfit-beep-Italian-firmware-installation-guide-language-Italian

After making this choice, GadgetBridge will reopen with this screen that we attach to you:

amazfit-beep-Italian-firmware-installation-guide-language-Italian

Guess what to do now? Exactly. We click on Install and the smartwatch will start updating.

When you install the .res file, the smartwatch will update but will not restart. While, when we flash the .fw file, the device will reboot after the update.

We repeat the procedure for the other file downloaded and, once restarted, we will have the Amazfit Bip in Italian.

Surely you will ask for it and we will anticipate it: the weather information they will be in English or in Chinese. Everything is OK. To get the Italian language also on the weather you need to install the following MiFit app on your phone: Download MiFit 3.0.6 MOD Francko76.apk

The procedure is complete but the developers would like to point out that the weather app will be characterized by the impossibility of automatically recovering the position via GPS, due to a bug in the MiFit app. Nothing to worry about: you can choose your position by writing the name of your city in English.

Thanks again to the whole team of the important discovery, of the extraordinary work and, as always, of the availability demonstrated!

Good Amazfit Bip in Italian!

[source]

0 0 vote
Article Rating

Management engineering student, passionate blogger in the Xiaomi world and, more generally, technology. In leisure time, besides writing guides for Xiaomi devices, I have three passions: football, music and cycling :) Write me: https://www.facebook.com/yugin89

Iacopo Scarselli Copè
Iacopo Scarselli Copè
1 year ago

Hi everyone, I tried to update it but after installing the first file the beep started up again and is now ripped, besides gadgetbridge does not reconnect it. Amazfit does not recognize me, I state that it is the Chinese version

Mauro
Mauro
1 year ago

Good evening a little question as I do if the firmware is 1.1.5.04.?I can not load fail

trackback

[...] of this smartwatch that immediately prepares to become a best buy of catgoria. INSTALLATION GUIDE ENGLISH LANGUAGE REVIEW BY XIAOMITODAY If you like products such as AmazFit Bip, AmazFit Pace, Mi [...]

Laura
Laura
1 year ago

Hi, is it possible to connect the amazfit bit to the computer without first connecting it to a cellphone? I bought it for my children who do not have a personal cell phone. or even if I connected it to my cell phone, then can they manage it from the computer? I can not. both before and after I connected it to the phone, the app that I downloaded "Fit for mi band" continues to do a search without having to connect. From the computer settings, in Bluetooth, the watch is seen, it is also "associated", but not connected and anyway, even after this application, the "fit for mi band" program fails... Read the rest »

tumi66
tumi66
2 years ago

but if at the arrival of the new firmware update, to avoid finding it in Chinese, can I always avoid updating it or is it automatic?

XiaomiToday.it
admin
Reply to tumi66

If you use the MiFit moddata version you have no problems. With the original one, instead, it upgrades automatically

Ivan Venezia
Ivan Venezia
2 years ago

Today I got amazfit beep, I installed the first file but then I do not connect to the cell phone anymore and it always makes the link in my smartphone ... how can i do ???

Ivan Venezia
Ivan Venezia
2 years ago

I have a problem, quad installing the two files tells me problem with metadata unverified version as i have to do ??

jotfco
jotfco
2 years ago

Hi, yesterday the smartwatch software has been updated by restoring the Chinese language. Can I repeat the whole procedure so I can translate it again?

andyxrace
andyxrace
2 years ago

Hi everyone, an update of my beep has failed. It is now blocked. What can I do ?? Thank you very much for helping

andyxrace
andyxrace
2 years ago

Hi, at all, I used notyfi and fit x upgrade my beep. after that mifit has been updated this morning and has become Chinese. But now he is locked up with the screen on the screen the cell phone is the beep. App says updating failed and I do not know what to do. Chii helps ...... Thank you so much

just donatello
just donatello

Hello
I installed gadgetbridge on samsung s6
paired and updated the beep
then I go to the archive folder and try to extract the .fw or .res file
but it tells me: "Could not open the file
there is no application on the device that supports the res file format. Tap SEARCH to look for an application on the Play Store that can open this file "

what is wrong and how do I do it?

Igor
Igor
2 years ago

Good morning, I bought an amazfit after reading the great reviews. I currently have a Iphone 5 and ... the clock does not speak with the phone. I ask you kindly if you confirm that amazfit does not communicate with ios and, if so, if it is possible to run it. Thanks so much

Igor
Igor
Reply to Igor

I make a point, once I've signed up for the Italian language, I plugged the clock back on my iphone and the app automatically installed my signature (V0.0.9.1.4) back to the Chinese language. However, language is not a problem, the big problem is that it does not receive call notifications, sms, whatup ... from the phone. Thanks in advance for every possible advice

Giovanni Pietro Vitali
Giovanni Pietro Vitali

Hello everyone,

I was considering purchasing an Amazfit Bip in Chinese version then installing the Italian language but I have a doubt. If I install this firmware version, will I still be able to install the Xiaomi release updates in the future?

Excuse your question as a neophyte.

Thanks to everyone who can / will answer me

John

Giovanni Pietro Vitali
Giovanni Pietro Vitali

Hello everyone

I was evaluating the purchase of Amazfit Bip Chinese version and then installing the Italian but I was wondering if, apologize to the neophyte question, once the new firmware was installed, it would be possible to install the upgrades proposed in the future by Xiaomi.

Thanks in advance for who will / will answer me

John

2 years ago

Hi, every firmware upgrade will return to chinese and you will have to wait for the developer to translate

Matt sets
Matt sets

Warning!
The 8.88 firmware came out

gionni
gionni
2 years ago

a question ... once the firmware is flashed in Italian and installed the MiFit moddata app, how will we behave to update both the app and the firmware in the future? will we have to ransom everything every time?
I take advantage of it for another question: does the MiFit moddata app bring other benefits in addition to the weather in Italian, compared to the original one? Do you benefit from using it with myBand 2?

XiaomiToday.it
admin
Reply to gionni

Yes, each version will be retrained. For the Mi 2 Band there are no benefits

Massimo Colombini
Massimo Colombini
2 years ago

Thanks to the guide, I only encountered a problem with the weather, in practice no mice no available weather info attached to the app, in the app i put my city name on Trento but it does not work the same as i can solve

Maurizio
Maurizio
2 years ago

I have your own problem! Are you able to solve it by accident?

luca
luca
Reply to Maurizio

Hello to all,

I too have the same problem while having everything installed correctly, including the Mi Fit app. Is there anyone who knows how to fix this bug?

Mirco
Mirco
2 years ago

With the Fit Fit app "modified" how do Software Updates work? Are they still done automatically? If a software update overwrites translation, does the smartwatch back to Chinese? Thank you!

Reply to Mirco

With every firmware update, the language is back in Chinese and you will have to wait for the developers' translation

skomo
skomo
2 years ago

To restore the original firmware, I suppose it's enough to flash the files inside the mifit apk.

Reply to skomo

as a rule, yes

Maurizio Capitanio
Maurizio Capitanio
2 years ago

I apologize for the question, but where do i find the v0.0.8.74 firmware? I have the previous version but I can not upgrade, thank you

2 years ago

on the original Mi Fit app .. once you pair the Amazfit, or asks you to upgrade the firmware or look up the smartwatch updates

Lorenzo Bucci
Lorenzo Bucci
2 years ago

Hi, I would have a bit more technical curiosity. The files you are installing, those with .res and .fw extents, what do they change? Do I explain, re-insert the translated operating system or simply work on transcribing some strings of the native I know? It's an inexperienced curiosity

2 years ago

are two of the three original firmware files that have been modified

Lorenzo Bucci
Lorenzo Bucci

Thank you!

DocRonMills
DocRonMills

Short? SHORT ??
Raga, I update the page for at least an hour, every 20 seconds. I still do not see the guide. But do you want MUORO ????

XiaomiToday.it
admin
Reply to DocRonMills

10 minutes and is online!

Matteo Menegatti
Matteo Menegatti
2 years ago

Too long this short wait !!

Here it is!

Matt sets
Matt sets
2 years ago

But will IOS work with everything?
I seem to understand that anyway to upgrade the firmware
you have to go with Android ..

XiaomiToday.it
admin
Reply to Matt sets

We are updating the article in these minutes and entering the guide and confirming that for updating / translating is an Android phone. To use after translation is probably enough the MiFit app in the app store but we did not have the chance to try it

Matt sets
Matt sets
2 years ago

If you test with iOS it would be a good thing.

Reply to Matt sets

necessarily needs an android phone for translation. Then you can easily use the Store's App Store but you will not have the weather in Italian

Lucagildo
Lucagildo

is the longer "short" I've ever expected xD

Reply to Lucagildo

Ahahah, though, you know we do not like to release guides without having tried them right before so we can be sure they are working. A little bit of patience again

Daniele
Daniele

Almost as I step from my 2 band to this

XiaomiToday.it
admin
Reply to Daniele

I honestly say that the Beep is an evolved 2 Mi Band and with display ... especially with the same autonomy

WryNail
WryNail
2 years ago

At what level of cardiofrequenziment how are we put? "Reliable" like that of Mi Band 2? Can you do continuous scans?

XiaomiToday.it
admin
Reply to WryNail

Reliable as if no more than the Mi 2 Band. Continuous monitoring during sports sessions, in sleep and there is also an option on the MiFit that I think relates to continuous monitoring even during the day

Daniele
Daniele
2 years ago

Well for 11 euro with the. I'm a band from god, uncomfortable to read the notifications in full and set the timer though for the best price, maybe if the fit bit drops to 40 at the black Friday I'll think, notifications how does it handle it? Read Only? Some weight training functions? Thanks in advance

Elvira Mazzola
Elvira Mazzola
2 years ago

so is it worth buying this? can you read whatsapp / telegram messages? or just notify?

XiaomiToday.it
admin
2 years ago

Notifications can be read in full

PatekPhilippe
PatekPhilippe
2 years ago

And that's why it should be purchased ..

PatekPhilippe
PatekPhilippe
2 years ago

I look anxiously driving ...

leaves aside anxiety