GUIDE - How to Install Third Party Themes on MIUI

La MIUI has always been one of them best interfaces present in the Android panorama, as it allows a profound personalization both in terms of functions and graphically, making our smartphone unique.

And in fact how many times have you seen an icon pack on the net or rather I would say a theme and have you dreamed of having it on your device too? And unfortunately how many times have you found yourself in the situation of not being able to install it as it seems that Xiaomi has blocked the installation of third-party themes.

This happens especially to those who do not have an official Roma, like the one personified by MIUI.it, but also to those who have the Global Stabile ROM on their terminal, and so often we run into the error: "Issues from third-party sources are not supported error: download | auth rejected 402"

Fortunately there is a very simple way to upload your themes to the MIUI Themes store and then download the third-party themes. I state that the guide has been tested on ROM Global Stable on the smartphone Xiaomi Redmi 3S, 8.1.1.0 version, but try not to harm even on all the custom rom in the circle.

In practice you need to become a Xiaomi Designer and to make this possible just connect to Xiaomi's designer page.

You will need to log in using the details of your Mi Account. At this point you will be asked what kind of account to create if Individual designer or Corporate designer. Not being a designer who will propose his paid themes on the store I have chosen the Individual designer option.

At this point it is necessary to fill in the requested data without having to enter any information regarding any payments, then give the confirmation via the button at the bottom of the page. Now you will need to wait around 24 hours, the time required for approval which in my case has arrived in around 10 hours.

You will receive Xiaomi's confirmation of the activation of the account designer, but don't be afraid if the text is completely in Chinese.

At this point you are ready to download the theme that made you go crazy in the Themes application and tap the Offline icon. Now scrolling down you will find a button with the word Import: the file manager will open where you will have to go to select the .mtz file of the theme you just downloaded.

Once selected, the theme will be imported and will appear together with the other themes on your device. Then select it and click the Apply button.

Perfect now your theme is installed on your terminal.

I hope this little guide has been helpful and let us know if you have any problems but especially if you have finally installed your favorite theme.

0 0 vote
Article rating

Nerd, Geek, Netizen, terms that do not belong to me. Simply myself, technology lover and provocative as Xiaomi does with his products. High quality at fair prices, a real provocation for the other most famous brands.

Edson Embeke
Edson Embeke
1 year ago

No meu case ele aplica or theme, mas depois de um time or theme you know, miui 10 estável Android Oreo

Federico Saba
Federico Saba
2 years ago

Help me, for a week, it's impossible to install these themes, I've done the previous procedure that, succeeded, made me install all the topics I wanted. Now from a week to this part after a Mi5 Globa Beta update, the external themes are categorically refusing to install. A little help?

Federico Saba
Federico Saba
2 years ago

As well as? Linked me the same article. There are months that are Designer Xiaomi and everything was fine. Now it is impossible to install external themes.

venetkens
venetkens
2 years ago

Hi by chance you managed to solve it? The same thing happened to me but on a stable global without updating, today I tried to install the MIUI 9 theme but it does the same mistake. I am already a designer.

Federico Saba
Federico Saba
2 years ago
Reply to venetkens

I have solved, I discovered this simple procedure: Start by downloading and installing this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mixapplications.miuithemeeditor Immediately after procure the theme to install and insert it in the internal memory of the device so that you can easily reach it. Open the app you just downloaded, click "Browse", find your theme where you saved it, in my case it is often located in the Download folder, select it and press OK. Now press Start and if your theme is ready as it is, press Next and then Finish. At this point the app will ask you if you want to install the theme directly in the Themes application. Answer with OK.... Read the rest »

faithful naucchi
faithful naucchi
2 years ago

excellent !!!

venetkens
venetkens
2 years ago

Thank you so much, I confirm it works and so apply the theme without any problems.

Giancarlo Osti
Giancarlo Osti
3 years ago

I have become a designer and I have been able to install a favorite theme and only with this I managed to do it. Many thanks.
Ps: my xiaomi red device I know 3 pro

Simone
3 years ago

You are welcome

Gianluca Vaccari
Gianluca Vaccari
3 years ago

When you complete the registration page, please refer to the individual or corporation choice page. Did you send it?

complicazio
complicazio
3 years ago

when I click on individual disigner this comes out:comment image

Moreno
Moreno
3 years ago

But everything does not make me install, do not accept third-party themes, xiaomi mi5 ..