Finally LineageOS 18.1 has arrived, based on Android 11. It has been a long time since the LineageOS modders did not update and this was a reason for switching to others ROM custom for different users. It is no secret that this particular ROM is one of the best around, perhaps the best. Everything is due to the amount of functionality and degree of stability of the ROM itself on the devices. Today, April XNUMXst (no joke, don't worry) the official support arrives for 9 smartphones between Xiaomi, Redmi and POCO. Let's see which ones.
REDMI NOTE 5 PRO HAS ALSO BEEN ADDED TO THE DEVICE LIST: YOU CAN FIND IT TOGETHER WITH THE OTHERS
The official support of LineageOS 18.1 arrives for several Xiaomi, Redmi and POCO: there are 9 in all and the ROM is already available for download
There are many news that LineageOS 18.1 brings on the devices that between poco we will go and see. Some of the features just arrived are listed below but you can refer to the changelog on the official website.
- the security patches from April 2020 to March 2021 have been merged with LineageOS from 15.1 to 18.1
- WebView has been updated to Chromium 89.0.4389.105
- the Recorder app has been greatly improved: now you can leave a voice memo so you don't forget your ideas
- Calyx Institute's FOSS Seedvault application was included as an integrated backup solution
- the music app, Eleven, now has a more up-to-date user interface and integrates seamlessly with all the new Android features for music players such as search from notifications
- all LineageOS apps now support dark mode
- the other innovations are also integrated with the more obsolete versions
In general they have been added to the project over 60 devices of the most disparate brands. Clearly those that interest us are the Xiaomi, the Redmi and the POCO. It is interesting to note how many smartphones (even the older ones) have been added. Let's talk specifically about POCO F1 and redmi 7, but also Xiaomi Mi 5 e Mi 5s Plus! Below is the list with the links for the ROM downloads.
- Xiaomi Mi 5: gemini
- Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus: sodium
- Xiaomi Mi 8: dipper
- Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite: platen
- Xiaomi Mi MIX: lithium
- Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S: polaris
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2: scorpio
- POCO F1: beryllium
- Redmi 7: onclite
- Redmi Note 5 Pro: Whyred
Recall that to install this kind of custom ROM it is necessary unlocking the bootloader (which does not invalidate the warranty) and the following ROM flash itself that provides for installation via recovery. It is a rather simple mechanism but we still recommend it to most people experts.
the Xiaomitoday.it team assumes no responsibility in case of damage to the smartphone as a result of modding operations