Today we write an article for everyone who has a device Xiaomi and they intend to change the system animations a bit.
We remind those unfamiliar, Xiaomi and Miui, that we are talking about a Chinese company that for some years has been producing "respectable devices" at very competitive prices compared to other suppliers, with an Android-based operating system with Miui customization, one of the most complete and customizable graphical interfaces for Android.
Let's start immediately by explaining how to install the ClockWorkMod su Xiaomi Mi2 / Mi2s, a recovery different from the stock with more features:
- download on our PC the installation file in .zip format of the recovery from THIS link
- Once the download is finished (they are only 8Mb) we rename the downloaded file to "update.zip" (without the quotes) and load it on our device in the root (so to speak you have to put it where there are all the folders, so not in some other folder )
- Restart the device in recovery mode (turn off the device and turn it back on by holding down the Volume Up key and the Power key until we see the Mi logo)
- we choose the English language
- Let's move inside the menu with the volume keys until we get to “install update.zip”, we confirm with the power button and automatically the recovery will install the CWM
- after the flash procedure, we restart the device choosing the "Reboot Now" option
After the alternate recovery installation has completed, we can install the new animations of system for our Xiaomi device:
- We download the animation package from THIS link and put it in our smartphone
- We restart in recovery with the same procedure described above
- through the volume keys, we choose the option install zip from sdcard and confirm with the power key
- select choose zip from sdcard
- let's look for the file inside the device (you can put it where you want, we suggest you to insert it in the main root to speed up the procedure)
- select which system partition we want to install the MOD
- confirm by clicking on YES
- and restart the device
NB. As kindly recommended it would be better, before starting to flash files right and left, make a nice NANDROID BACKUP. This will make life easier for us when some of the things happen.
You can see, before making any flash, a video that introduces new animations:
Written by Alessio di LordOfTech.it
via | [Email protected] »Guide