After debuting a few weeks ago in China, the stable version for the global market of MIUI 10 begins to officially arrive on our smartphones too. Currently MIUI 10 Global Stable is already available via OTA for Xiaomi Redmi Note devices 5 Pro, Mi 5, Mi 6, Mi Mix, Mi Mix 2s, Mi Mix 2, Mi Note 2, Mi 8 and Redmi 5 Plus but now the company has decided to to release the upgrade also for its latest generation phablet, ie the Mi Max 3, recently officially available also in Italy.
Recall that the ROM can only be installed on devices designed for the global market, due to the more restrictive policy by Xiaomi, under penalty of the brick of the phone unless you have taken steps to unlock the bootloader.
MIUI 10 Global Stable arrives on board the Xiaomi Mi Max 3
The update to the new MIUI interface leads to the version 10.0.1.0.OEDMIFH on Android based Oreo 8.1, and as already anticipated will be notified via OTA, gradually or if you do not want to wait you can proceed with the download of the ZIP file of the OTA update and install it manually by going to the menu Settings> About phone> System updates> Menu (3 dots at the top right)> Choose the update package. Just select the file you just downloaded to proceed with the flash of the MIUI 10 China Stable on Xiaomi Mi Max 3 without any data being deleted.
Read also: REVIEW XIAOMI MI MAX 3
We recommend it, but it is not essential, always a data backup, if possible, and a clean flash at every update of this type, while the most anticipated novelties concern theAI Preloading, feature that uses artificial intelligence to speed up the opening of the most used apps. Furthermore the graphical interface has been completely redesigned, making the UI very similar to what is offered by Android 9, such as the new volume slider. And have you already updated? Do you find any improvements or bugs? Let us know everything by writing in the comments box below.
Xiaomi Mi Max 3 Technical Sheet
- IPS LCD display from 6.9 inches diagonal with resolution Full HD + (2160 x 1080 pixels) and density of 350 PPI;
- dimensions of 176.15 x 87.4 x 7.99 mm for a weight of 221 g;
- Qualcomm octa-core processor Snapdragon 636 up to 1.8 GHz;
- Qualcomm Adreno 509 GPU;
- 4 / 6 GB of LPDDR4X-1333 dual channel RAM;
- 64 / 128 GB eMMC storage expandable up to 256 GB via microSD;
- rear fingerprint reader and Face Unlock;
- dual camera back from 12 + 5 mega-pixel with opening f/ 1.9, Dual Pixel autofocus and LED flash;
- front camera from 8 mega-pixels with opening f/ 2.0;
- double stereo speaker;
- support dual SIM 4G, Wi-Fi ac Dual Band, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C, GPS / A-GPS / GLONASS / BeiDou, IR sensor;
- battery by 5500 mAh with 3.0 Quick Charge;
- OS Android 8.1 Oreo with MIUI interface.