Many have waited and craved it and now that MIUI 12 has arrived on your smartphone, perhaps you have regretted having done the upgrade, finding yourself in your hands a slow and underperforming terminal. This is a situation that above all sees the entry level and medium range devices of the Xiaomi and Redmi brand as protagonists, caused by the many new animations that the MIUI 12 has integrated into its system interface.
Beautiful animations, but which still require resources to be reproduced at their best and therefore this explains why some smartphones of the Chinese company are unable to exploit the richness and dynamism of MIUI 12 animations. But if the hardware cannot be changed, how to do it to resolve the situation? Do we necessarily have to change phones? Of course not, this guide will be enough for you, which consists of a few simple steps that will streamline the operations that impact the performance of your device.
Does MIUI 12 slow down your smartphone? Don't worry, with this guide you will become a rocket
- Go to the SETTINGS / SYSTEM INFO menu;
- Now click 7 times on the MIUI VERSION item to enable the DEVELOPER OPTIONS on your smartphone;
- Now go back to the SETTINGS menu and scroll down until you find the ADDITIONAL SETTINGS item;
- Enter it and scroll until you find the DEVELOPER OPTIONS menu;
- Once inside the menu, scroll to the DRAWING category where you will find the items relating to the ANIMATION SCALE;
- There are 3 items that you can change, namely Window, Transition Animation and Animator Duration. We recommend setting the animation value to 0.5x but possibly you can also disable the animations completely, with a less pleasant graphic effect but to the benefit of fluidity.
If you really want to push the fluidity of your smartphone equipped with MIUI 12 to the maximum, you can also follow another little trick, which will help you streamline the processes in general of the system. Therefore you can proceed as follows:
- Go to the SETTINGS / BATTERY AND PERFORMANCE menu;
- From the screen that appears, click on the gear icon at the top right;
- Now select the item CLEAN THE CACHE WHEN THE DEVICE IS BLOCKED;
- Choose the action time of the function, although we recommend a time of 30 minutes.
Let us know if you find benefits and if you have solved the critical situation of your smartphone with MIUI 12. Of course, the guide is also valid for other versions of MIUI and system interfaces, so in general you can make your smartphone more fluid with a few steps. Maybe someone was already aware of these methods, but others did not, so we hope we have been useful.