Because you are in love with Andoid? Many will answer "because it is falice to understand and full of functionality" but others, the most nerds, will surely answer with one word, that is "modding". And indeed one of the more beautiful features of the Android environment, and in particular of devices Xiaomi, is the fact that they tie very well with that of modding, thus allowing users to customize the system of your smartphone. TWRP is the recovery used in the world of modding to install custom ROMs and the team working on it has recently released the official recovery for Mi 8 and Mi Mix 2S.
ATGRATIS Shipping from Italy 24 / 48h - Cover and Film free
Official TWRP finally available for Xiaomi Mi 8 and Mi Mix 2S
So now these two devices at home Xiaomi, one dedicated to design and one to performance, will be subject to the most intimate modding and made even more beautiful for this.
Le mode they are always the same: if you have obtained permission to root on your device in question, you can proceed via the official application that you can download from Play Store. If instead you do not have root permissions on Mi 8 and Mi Mix 2S then you can proceed with the recovery installation by following these steps:
- Have the bootloader unlocked;
- First enable the developer options by clicking on "MIUI version" seven times in Settings> System info;
- Download the device recovery: My 8 o Mi 2S Mix;
- Download and install the ADB / fastboot drivers you can find here;
- After downloading and installing the drivers on the device, download the recovery by renaming it twrp.img and copy it to the ADB folder;
- Enable USB debugging by going to Additional Options> Developer Options;
- Connect the smartphone to the PC, enter the ADB folder (also from PC) and open the command prompt;
- Type at the command prompt: "adb devices" - "adb reboot bootloader" - "fastboot devices";
- Finally type "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" to flash the TWRP.