Here's how Xiaomi transforms your old device into a work of art

A few days ago we saw a smartphone Xiaomi protagonist of a painting created by a talented premature artist. An initiative that probably liked the brand so much that it has decided to re-propose it on a large scale. A few days ago a special service dedicated to all those users who are linked to their own smartphone now not used but that I don't want to get rid of it badly. This is a service that allows you to create a picture with your old smartphone. Let's see how it works.

A curious initiative that Xiaomi has recently set up: transform your smartphone into a painting so you can remember with nostalgia all the good moments spent with that device

We learn from the Chinese media that the service is called "Repaired Art"And it works like this: you bring your old Xiaomi smartphone (below the list) to the physical store and the employees will use it to create a picture to hang. Specifically, a wooden frame will be used where the dismembered device will be positioned. On this frame will then be written information about that smartphone model

. Below we see some examples.

xiaomi artwork
xiaomi artwork
xiaomi artwork

The cost of this procedure is about 30 € (converted) but ensures a truly breathtaking result. Personally for my Mi 5 I would gladly do it as it was my first smartphone of the brand e I was in love with it. But what devices can be used for this purpose? There are six models:

• Xiaomi Mi 1
  • Xiaomi Mi 2
  • Xiaomi Mi 4
  • Xiaomi Mi Note 2
  • Xiaomi My 6
  • Xiaomi Mi Mix 1

Users are offered a choice of six design styles, included Standard, Nostalgic, Antique, Simple, Chinese Red e Tech Blue. One horizontal and two vertical layouts are also possible. What do you think of this initiative? Really nice without a doubt ...who knows if one day they will also do it in Italy. In this case, what would be the device you would use as a painting? Let us know in the comments!

Buy on Amazon

Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 | 4 GB - 64 GB | Black
239,00€
available
2 new from 239,00 €
2 used from 203,00 €
Amazon.it
Last updated on March 2, 2021 3:55

Passionate about technology, especially smartphones and PCs. I do my job with passion and respect the work of others.

Domenico
Domenico
8 days ago

The MI 5 is still my main phone (and also the only one)

Domenico
Domenico
8 days ago

Thanks Gianluca ... No, I haven't changed the battery, because I don't think I can find a quality one, and also because I would like to change the phone, but I can't find one of comparable size and weight (129 g.!) ...
I was thinking about the POCO X3, which is on Banggood at the same price I paid for the MI 5, but I'm not convinced.
But I think that the replacement of the battery is quite easy anyway, the rear cover of the MI 5 is interlocking and easily disassembled, there is no detachment like the damned current smartphones.

Domenico
Domenico
8 days ago

I don't make heavy use of it; I have the possibility to recharge it at work; I don't have whatsapp, facebook, instagram, tiktok, etc.

Andrea
Andrea
7 days ago
Reply to  Domenico

Hi guys, I write as a very happy Xiaomi Mi5 owner (irreplaceable) and I changed the battery for a week (after almost 4 years). I can confirm that the battery is very easy to replace and I bought it original on a famous Chinese site (almost 3 months for it to arrive). But now I have a phone like new 🙂

Andrea
Andrea
7 days ago

No it's the original 22mAh Xiaomi BM2910. I'd send you the link but I'm afraid it's not allowed: \

Andrea
Andrea
7 days ago

Fig 😀 You just have to arm yourself with patience because times are biblical but the result is priceless 🙂 Here is the link to BM22 . Replacement is super easy and just in case you can take a look at it video. Nice to know that there are still some admirers of this fantastic smartphone 🙂

Domenico
Domenico
6 days ago
Reply to  Andrea

Guys I just ordered it on e-bay, original from Italy, arrives in a few days, 10 € and broken including shipping

Andrea
Andrea
6 days ago
Reply to  Domenico

Hi Domenico I cross my fingers for you because the probability that it is original is very low 🙁 I tell you this from the negative experience of a friend who has bought 2 passed off as "original" on ebay and both lasted less than the battery of the original system, now exhausted ... I opted for the Chinese store as it is an imported smartphone and not intended for our market. Hopefully well, update us too 🙂

Andrea