As you well know for about an hour began the presentation of the new entry level of the Xiaomi house, the Redmi 6, which has been talking about itself for both design and processor. In fact, many await an economic device but equipped with notch while others suggest that at the CPU level, there may be a flashback with the chipsets provided by MediaTek.
FREE Shipping from Italy 2gg - Italy Guarantee 🇮🇹
Nothing could be more true as the new Redmi 6 presented today, will have the right MediaTek Helio P22 processor octacore Cortex A53 clocked at 2.0 GHz, comparable performance and architecture to the most famous Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 but with production process at 12 nm (TSMC) and reduced consumption of 48%. At the GPU level we have a GEV890 PowerVR. It seems that there are only two variants of Redmi 6 proposed during the conference, ie 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage at the price of 799 yuan, about 106 euro, or 4 GB of RAM and 64 of storage at the price of 999 yuan, about 132 euro.
Other features of the Redmi 6 see the adoption of a 5,45 inch display in 18 format: 9 with HD + resolution which covers the 80,7% of the available area. They are instead 4 the colors in which Redmi 6 proposes itself to the public, ie gold, gray, blue and pink, while ergonomics should be guaranteed by curved profiles.
Xiaomi Redmi 6: MediaTek processor and low cost price
At the camera level we find one double camera on the back, but at the level of design the usual "traffic light" is abandoned and we find it again style seen in Mi 5X / Mi A1, therefore a module placed horizontally and composed by a sensor from 12 + 5 megapixel with pixel surface from 1,25uM able to capture more light. On the front instead we find one selfie camera by 5 megapixel with AI support in portrait mode and beauty mode on both rooms.
We also find the support Dual SIM Dual Standby but also Dual 4G via cat LTE modem 7 but also the possibility of unlock with the face, the voice assistant Xiao AI, Bluetooth 5.0 and the new MIUI 10 (as soon as the official release takes place) on an Android 8.1 Oreo basis. In short, many features generally adopted on mid range solutions within the reach of an entry level. Naturally as soon as we have the complete picture of the characteristics, we will not delay to provide you with an in-depth analysis.
The following summary of features:
- 5,45-inch display with HD + resolution (1440 × 720 pixels) in 18 format: 9 and 2.5D glass processing
- MediaTek Helio P22 Processor (MT6762) OctaCore 2.0 GHz to 12nm
- IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU to 650MHz
- 3 / 4 GB RAM
- 32 / 64 GB of internal storage expandable via micro SD up to 128 GB
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) on MIUI 9 (upgrade to MIUI 10)
- Dual SIM Dual Standby
- Rear camera: 12 MP primary sensor with LED flash, 1.25μm pixel size; secondary sensor 5MP
- Front camera: 5MP with Unlock Face support
- IR transmitter and fingerprint sensor on the back
- Dimensions: 147.46 × 71.49 × 8.3 mm; Weight: 146g
- 4G VoLTE, 802.11 ac WiFi (2.4GHz / 5GHz), 5.0 Bluetooth, GPS
- Battery from 3000 mAh