After months of waiting and an incredible series of almost daily rumors that have accompanied us in recent weeks, today, the Chinese giant Xiaomi has finally presented its new flagship series bezel-less, the Xiaomi Mi MIX 3.
The Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 follows the bezel-less design line almost literally, with practically no upper and side edges, while the chin below the screen is unfortunately present, albeit in a reduced way compared to the already fascinating Mi MIX 2S. Within these tapered edges we then find a display from 6.39 inches with AMOLED technology produced by Samsung, an aspect ratio of 19.5: 9, a resolution Full HD + (2340 × 1080) and 93.4% screen-to-body ratio, there is also the possibility of play HDR video thanks to the dedicated image processing chip.
Under this long and slim display we have a slide mechanism that connects it to the rest of the smartphone through the use of two magnets, inside which we find a processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 coupled to a GPU Adreno 630 and up to 10GB RAMof course there are then options closer to our wallets 6GB and 8GB of RAM. As for the internal memory instead, the Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 is available with 128GB, 256GB or 512GB of UFS 2.1 storage, ie the fastest on the market, depending on the variant chosen.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 presented: full screen slide design and up to 10GB of RAM
In the photographic sector, the Mi MIX 3 was equipped with two cameras posterior with a primary from 12MP (Sony IMX363) with aperture f / 1.8 and pixels from 1.4um and stabilization to 4 axis that will be used to take most of the photos and record video up to 960fps, plus a secondary sensor from 12MP with 2X optical zoom. In front of the display, we have two cameras from 24MP and 2MP and even pixels from 1.8um for taking high resolution and sharp selfies even in low light, always with the blur effect.
All this hardware on board the Mi MIX 3 is powered by a battery with a capacity of 3200mAh, therefore slightly lower than the 3400mAh on the Mi MIX 2S, with support for fast charging Quick Charge 4.0 + e wireless charging to 10W (with base included in the package).
From the point of view of connectivity, we confirm the presence of a module Snapdragon X50 for an 5G connection next generation (available from the 2019), in addition to the obvious WiFi Dual Band AC, Dual SIM, Bluetooth 5.0, aptX and aptX HD, and GPS / A-GPS / GLONASS / BeiDou.
Finally, the Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 will arrive with the MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie (to be confirmed), then Xiaomi's last skin on the latest operating system from Google. The new scrolling design will also bring new software features like the ones you can see below:
Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 - Technical Sheet
- AMOLED display from 6,39 inches, Full HD resolution + (2340 x 1080 pixels);
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 octacore processor up to 2.8 GHz, Qualcomm Adreno 630 GPU;
- 6 / 8 / 10 GB of RAM LPDDR4X dual channel;
- 128 / 256 GB UFS storage 2.1 non-expandable;
- Fingerprint reader on the back;
- Dual rear camera from 12 + 12 megapixel with f / 1.8 aperture, PDAF autofocus and dual LED flash;
- Dual front camera from 24 + 2 megapixel;
- Support dual SIM LTE, Wi-Fi Dual Band, Bluetooth 5.0, aptX and aptX HD, USB Type-C, GPS / A-GPS / GLONASS / BeiDou;
- Battery from 3200mAh with QC 4.0 +;
- Bande 4G B1 / B2 / B3 / B4 / B5 / B7 / B8 / B12 / B13 / B17 / B18 / B19 / B20 / B25 / B26 / B28 / B29 / B30 / B66 / B34 / B38 / B39 / B40 / B41;
- Android 9 Pie operating system (to be confirmed) with MIUI 10 interface;
Now the happiest moment arrives: when it comes to paying. The Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 starts from a price of 3299 Yuan, or 416 €, for the version with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal memory, 3599 Yuan, about 545 € for the variant 8GB / 128GB and finally 3999 Yuan, on 504 €, for 8GB / 256GB. The version "The Palace Museum Edition" gold plated 24k carat with 10GB of RAM and 256Gb of internal memory will cost instead 4999 Yuan, about 630 €.