Although there are dozens of streaming music listening services, among which the most famous are Spotify and Deezer, there are still many users who prefer to listen to audio content directly from the YouTube platform, so much so that among the services offered by little the YouTube Music service has sprung up , however, one of the default player in certain smartphones with Android stock OS (for example the latest generation of Umidigi devices).
But one of the inconveniences that we encounter with this service is that if we want to play music in the background while doing another activity, we should proceed with a subscription and then pay a monthly fee, going to bless the concept of free that gives has always distinguished YouTube in general. However, we can take advantage of a little ploy, on all our Xiaomi smartphones, thanks to the Music application that has recently been updated by adding a new and interesting feature, which allows us to reproduce the audio of the videos on YouTube, despite having the application in the background.
Background music from YouTube on your Xiaomi without having the Premium subscription
To do this and therefore not pay any monthly subscription to YouTube Premium, we first need a Xiaomi smartphone with MIUI 11 on board (the version of the operating system is not important). At this point, proceed as follows:
- Access the Music app of MIUI 11;
- From the main screen, at the bottom right, you will find a button marked with the Play symbol and with the word Look;
- You will now be asked to log in with your GMail account, the same that we then use for YouTube;
- Once the session has started, the Xiaomi Music app will show us all the latest videos that we have played on YouTube, in addition to those recommended by the platform itself.
- Choose the video to play, which we could then play in the background, without this preventing us from doing anything else on our smartphone. There are also commands with which to play / pause, skip to the next track or end the music session.
If you cannot see the Watch function, you can try changing the region of your smartphone by going to Settings ⇒ Additional settings ⇒ Region ⇒ CHOOSE A DIFFERENT REGION, for example Andorra.
GBNOTE803 (Black) GBNOTE805 (Blue) GBNOTE809 (white)
GBNOTE801 GBMIFANN864 (Black) GBNOTE802 GBMIFANN864B (Blue) GBNOTE808 (white)
GBNOTE804 (Black) GBNOTE806 (Blue) GBNOTE807 (White) GBMIFANN128 (all colors)