The highlight of the presentation took place on May 31, in which Xiaomi presented to the world a top-of-the-range smartphone triptych, it was definitely the Mi 8 Explorer Edition, leaving you speechless not only for the technical features but also for the use of a transparent back cover which reveals its internal components (here you find a focus on the question). But as often happens for certain smartphones, the arrival in our beautiful country is not always so obvious, despite the technological jewel in question has full support also to the mobile phone bands of our nation.
In fact currently there is no Global version of Mi 8 Explorer, even if in Singapore a mysterious one Mi 8 Pro receives the certification. What makes one think of a Global version of Mi 8 Explorer is that the wording Pro could just refer to the Premium version even if we have no certainties about whether or not the fact that Mi 8 Pro is presented with the initials M1807E8A model, which according to the certification portal refers to a version of Mi 8 Explorer but perhaps with a smaller notch. Furthermore, the fact that the launch takes place in Singapore would characterize even more the fact that Mi 8 Pro refers to a Global version of Mi 8 EE, as happened in the past with other models of the Chinese company, which have chosen Singapore as their base of launch for global distribution. But a smaller notch could also mean that probably Mi 8 Pro will be deprived of the Face ID module in favor of an IR camera release.
Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro is perhaps the Global variant of Mi 8 Explorer: coming soon?
Technical Sheet Mi 8 Explorer
- Samsung AMOLED display from 6.21 inches diagonal with resolution Full HD + (2160 x 1080 pixels) in format 18.7:9 with notch and with support to the always-on display;
- 154.9 x 74.8 x 7.6 dimensions for 177 g;
- Qualcomm octa-core processor Snapdragon 845;
- Qualcomm Adreno 630 GPU;
- 8 GB of RAM LPDDR4X;
- 128 GB internal memory UFS 2.1;
- fingerprint reader integrated in the display;
- dual camera back from 12 + 12 mega-pixel with pixel sizes from 1.4 μm, OIS to 4 Axis, dual pixel autofocus, AI portrait mode;
- front camera by 20 mega-pixel with f / 2.0 aperture and pixel size from 1.8 μm;
- infrared sensors and 3D with structured light dedicated to Face Unlock;
- support dual SIM 4G with 20 Band, NFC, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac Dual Band, Bluetooth 5.0, IR port, Dual-frequency GPS / A-GPS / GLONASS;
- battery by 3000 mAh with Quick Charge 4.0 Quick Charge;
- OS Android 8.1 Oreo with proprietary MIUI 10 interface.