The largest producer of SmartWatch e smartband of the world, Huami, is about to launch its new wearable device: Amazfit Ares. This is a full-fledged smartwatch but you can notice a peculiarity in its design that is typical of Huami's smartband, i.e. minimalism. Unlike other smartwatches, such as the T-Rex, this has one octagonal shape and is not characterized by any "frills". Despite this, the appearance suggests to us just a semi-rugged. In short, a device that will be talked about ... but not immediately but in 5 days.
Next week, May 19, Amazfit Ares will debut in China: here is what we know so far
The brand announced through the usual post on the Chinese social network Weibo that the launch in China of Amazfit are will happen in 5 precise days. Clearly, as you may have understood from the title, the debut will be limited to Chinese territory only but it will not be long in arriving in Europe too. As soon as the situation coronavirus will be improved and shipments will resume, we hope that he will be one of the first products to arrive.
Based on what we know from previous leaks the main features of this Huami smartwatch are:
- support for 70 sports modes;
- mode Firstbeat to go further with physical abilities;
- mode Huami-PAI (which we found out to have next too Mi Band 5);
- sensor PPG Amazfit BioTrackerTM to measure the heart rate and therefore the heartbeats through the wrist;
- water resistance and resistance to diving up to 50 meters of depth (5ATM);
- battery by 200 mAh which allows up to 13 days of autonomy with use 24 hours a day and 90 days on standby;
- GPS + GLONASS;
- 4.2 bluetooth;
Unfortunately the NFC chip will not be present for contactless payments and even less bluetooth 5.0 technology. This does not mean that it will be a smartwatch to be discarded, on the contrary! The lack of these two features will allow the price not to exceed 100 €. Unfortunately there is no news about the size of the display but apparently it will not be very large.
Source | Amazfit