How to uninstall system apps on Xiaomi devices (NO ROOT)

Too often I read in the comments to the articles / reviews that I write on the blog or directly in the comment box of our YouTube channel, that Xiaomi smartphones are unbelievable but unfortunately it is not possible to remove some predefined applications, such as the weather, the browser etc. In fact, not everyone likes the system apps that Xiaomi has developed over time for MIUI, the proprietary interface of the Chinese technology giant.

Many find not only a certain annoyance in the fact that it is Xiaomi that decides for them which application to use for certain functions but also that they download battery and consume precious MB of RAM. Well, here you are then served a guide that does not require any Root permission and that will allow you to uninstall most of the system applications on your Xiaomi smartphones.

How to uninstall system apps on Xiaomi devices (NO ROOT)

TO MAKE SURE THAT THE GUIDE HAS SUCCESS YOU WILL HAVE TO HAVE INSTALLED THE ADB DRIVERS ON YOUR PC. FIND THE DIFFERENT GUIDES IN THE BLOG OR MAKE A SEARCH ON GOOGLE.

Open the Phone Settings and then enter the "My Device" menu. Now click 7 times on the "MIUI Version" field until you see the message "Now you are a developer".

Go back to the "Settings" menu and enter the one called "Additional Settings". Among the latest entries you will find the one dedicated to "Developer Options". From here you have to activate the "USB debugging" option by confirming the requested permission.

Also from the "Developer Options" it also activates the items "Install via USB" and "USB debugging (security settings)". For these items an active Mi Account is required on the smartphone.

Then connect your smartphone to the PC via USB cable (suitable for data transfer) and open the "command prompt" / "Power Shell window". If this is the first time you have connected the device to the PC, a pop-up with USB debugging consent should appear on the smartphone.

To issue ADB commands and then proceed you must enter the ADB DEVICES command from the Power Shell window. If everything is connected correctly you will see a series of numbers and letters appear to identify your terminal.

Xiaomi

Now all you have to do is give the ADB SHELL command. You will see the code name of your smartphone appear.

Now you have to type the commands you find in the list below to uninstall the Xiaomi system apps.

Xiaomi

• Talkback
    pm uninstall –k –– user 0 com.google.android.marvin.talkback
  • Facebook Apps
    pm uninstall –k ––user 0 com.facebook.appmanager
    pm uninstall –k ––user 0 com.facebook.services
    pm uninstall –k ––user 0 com.facebook.system

It is also possible to uninstall other system applications not mentioned in the list, but we advise you to proceed only if you are aware of the real functions of the package that you are going to uninstall. For example, removing the security app causes startup problems by generating a loop. In any case, Xiaomitoday.it is not responsible for any damage or bricks caused to the device.

tags:

Nerd, Geek, Netizen, terms that do not belong to me. Simply myself, technology lover and provocative as Xiaomi does with his products. High quality at fair prices, a real provocation for the other most famous brands.

nico
nico
11 months ago

Everything ok until the command prompt opens.
ADB DEVICES launched, the computer says "ADB" command not recognized ...
how you do it ?

Demetrio Paldino
11 months ago

Hi, I'm trying the guide to uninstall the apps without root but when I open the command prompt and type adb devices or adb Shell it doesn't work for me.

Alessandro Cimino
Editor
9 months ago

You will not have the ADB drivers installed correctly

sarah
sarah
6 months ago

can you tell me how they are installed ?? I don't know how to do it and I don't find anything about it

xiaomidebloater
xiaomidebloater
6 months ago
Reply to sarah

google search "15 second ADB" and find the universal package to install them with instructions (practically write y yes 3 times and then ok on the usb driver installation popup)

sarah
sarah
6 months ago

I installed them ... but now I can't communicate with my Xaomi in order to delete some system apps

Hernan
Hernan
9 months ago

Does Alguien logrado desinstalar la Galeria? It is the only one that interests me to use the Google photos gallery but no aparece in adb tools 🙁

sale
sale
11 months ago

... I get nothing on "command prompt" / "Power Shell window". can you tell me the steps?

Gogo
Gogo
Reply to sale

If you have correctly installed the adb drivers, open power shell (no prompt dos), attach the cable, type adb devices, load the phone name (in my case wins $) then adb shell and reappears wins $, then type the commands below, it worked for me.

crook
crook
6 months ago
Reply to Gogo

Hello. when i launch power shell and not (prompt dos) it tells me: list of device attached 2b22 ***** unouthorized. But I followed the guide for total debugging….

sale
sale
Reply to Gogo

nothing to do uncle

Gogo
Gogo
Reply to sale

where do you get stuck?

sale
sale
Reply to Gogo

on power shell. everything useless. I need precise steps

Pon
Pon
9 months ago
Reply to sale

ich auch, dieselben Problems… xiaomi redmi note 5… ..terminal sagt unknown command SHELL

Giuseppe
Giuseppe
3 months ago

My problem is not with cancellation, but with resurrection. I have an old xiomi redmi (2014). How it happened I don't know, but all system applications, including the settings one, no longer work. Could something be done?

mallolollo
mallolollo
7 months ago

hello, I have problems with Mi Healt system app on miui eu 11 weekly… after restored twrp backup the Mi Healt app xiaomi not working. the app quickly crashing after I open it… any way for fix this system app?

FraPat
FraPat
8 months ago

hello and thanks for the guide. All right for me until I try to uninstall the apps: invariably this wording comes out: Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_APK: Missing existing base package]. For all apps. Solutions?

Wojna Info
9 months ago

Powinno być OSTRZEŻENIE, że po takiej akcji telefone może działać niestabilnie.

Peter Bull
Peter Bull
10 months ago

pm - -help => -k keep the data and cache directories after package removal

Deinstallation ??

Sergio Alunni
10 months ago

Hello everyone, I have successfully uninstalled the apps that I didn't consider necessary. I then proceeded to restore the previous situation by hiding the developer options by clearing the cache from "settings". I also uninstalled the drivers of my smartphone because Windows 10 went into test mode, Unfortunately, I had forgotten to delete another app, so I proceeded to perform the same simple procedure again but nothing, when I connect my 9t it gives me the various options of connection for photo, data transfer and debug activated but in fact the cell is not seen by adb. I tried to revoke... Read the rest »

Paul
Paul
11 months ago

Can I recommend the XiaomiADBFastbootTools tool by Szaki which proposes the same procedure (with other interesting little things) through a simple graphic interface?
Maybe you can also write us an article, here it is: https://github.com/Szaki/XiaomiADBFastbootTools

Sailand
Sailand
Reply to Paul

Since I have the miui 11 (I 9t global) no longer hears the device, I have enabled USB debugging and also the other two options reported in this guide but nothing to do.

sale
sale
Reply to Paul

thanks 😀 but how do you start the program? where do i click? there is one in jar format

Paul
Paul
Reply to sale

It is a java executable so you must have Java already installed in Windows https://www.java.com/it/download/

The archive I suggest you to download is this XiaomiADBFastbootTools-6.7.5-Win.zip, where everything is already there.

Giuseppe
Giuseppe
Reply to Paul

I have java but the tool does not open

Andreas
Andreas
5 months ago
Reply to Giuseppe

Nur Java installieren reicht nicht. Sie müssen die "Java Developer tools" installieren. Am einfachsten ist es wenn Sie auf http://www.ninite.com gehen. Dort unter den Developer Tools to Java Pakete anklicken. Das generierte Skript herunter laden und starten. Dieses lädt alles automatisch herunter und installiert es. Nach Fertigstellung, den Computer neu starten und die Xiaomi Tools funktionieren.

sale
sale
Reply to Petit

yes, nothing to do. nothing opens.

Cippy
Cippy
10 months ago
Reply to sale

always mi9T, successfully debloat (with the tool)